Fresh herbs, kidney beans, and crisp veggies blend perfectly together in this zesty pasta salad. It’s garnished with a delightfully flavorful vinaigrette that can also be used as a delicious salad dressing. This summer garden pasta salad is the perfect quick summer meal.
When I grew up we had a huge garden. I didn’t realize at the time how awesome that was! Every time I look at our tiny back yard I dream about a big lush garden. And while I can’t grow a plentiful garden of fresh veggies right now, I still enjoy eating them. Especially, as the days get warmer and I dread being in hot kitchen, meals like this easy summer garden pasta salad are a must!
Summer vegetable pasta salad ingredients:
Honestly, this recipe is very versatile! I used what I had laying around and some of my favorite summer vegetables but feel free to toss in your favorites too! I’ve been loving receiving fresh veggies straight to my house from Imperfect Foods. This isn’t a paid post, I just honestly love their mission. They help reduce waste by boxing and selling the overstock at supermarkets. This means people like you and I, get a massive discount on produce! Plus we’re helping the planet too! Sounds like a win-win if you ask me. Next time, I think I will throw in some summer squash because that combo is delicious!
- Pasta of choice – I used gnocchi pasta shells
- Kidney Beans
- Green bell pepper
- Watermelon radishes
- Fresh dill
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh Basil
The perfect summer salad vinegarette
The simple things in life are often the best and this easy salad dressing is just that. It’s perfect for summer pasta salads and also for leafy green ones too! First, bend together water, garlic, pepper, red wine vinegar, and salt. Next, add the olive oil, mustard, herbs, and blend again. That’s it! A super simple, zesty vinegarette is ready for any summer salad!
More summer recipes:
If you want to try out Imperfect Foods for yourself and receive $10 dollars off your first box, just use my code http://imprfct.us/v/mikyla_8 at checkout!Print
Full of summer veggies and garden-fresh herbs, this garden summer pasta salad is zesty, refreshing and the perfect meal for summertime!
- 1 box favorite pasta – I used gnocchi shells
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 watermelon radish
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. fresh dill
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. group black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. stone ground mustard
For the pasta salad:
- Bring two pots of water to a boil. Cook both the pasta and the corn in a separate pots.
- Drain the pasta and the corn. Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil on the pasta, mix, and place uncovered in the fridge to cool.
- While the pasta is cooling slice all veggies in to small pieces.
- Set aside and make the vinegarette.
For the vinegarette:
- First, bend together water, garlic, pepper, red wine vinegar, and salt.
- Next, add the olive oil, mustard, herbs, and blend again.
Complete the salad:
- Using a knife, cut the corn kernals off of the ear of corn into a bowl.
- In a large bowl, toss together veggies, pasta, arugla, and corn.
- Drizzle with vinegarette and toss until evenly coated.
- Rechill for 30 min and serve!
* If you don’t have fresh herbs you may use dried but reduce the amount by 1/2.
* You may also substitute with canned corn!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 250
Keywords: summer, vegetables, pasta, salad
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust, and love!