Let’s face it, snacks are the best! A quick, easy, and delicious treat, smack dab in the middle of the day, makes everything better. I promise these vegan peanut butter snickers bites won’t disappoint.
Something that is always in the fridge in my house is a batch of vegan salted caramel sauce. It’s naturally sweetened from dates, creamy, and the perfect ice cream topping! But, since I make a jar at a time there is always leftovers. This is the perfect way to use up some of that caramel sauce!
I almost feel silly making these into a whole post. But, once I bit into one it was a no brainer! These little chocolate bites are melt in your mouth goodness, that simply must be shared!
All you need to make vegan peanut butters snickers bites is:
- Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Dark Chocolate
- Coconut oil
Are snickers gluten-free?
Since these are made with a pretzel base they are not gluten-free. However, Glutino makes a very delicious gluten-free pretzel that would work wonderfully as well.
Healthy desserts with dates:
These vegan peanut butter snickers bites are naturally sweetened with dates. The homemade caramel sauce is made from a handful of ingredients and super easy to make! It adds a perfect sweet balance to a crunchy pretzel base. We chose to coat the pretzel bites with dark chocolate for a rich, indulgent dessert. But, if you prefer lighter chocolate, feel free to use a different kind!
How to make vegan peanut butter snickers bites
Although these are rather self explanatory, here’s the step by step process of how to make vegan peanut butter snickers bites:
Step 1: First, make a batch of vegan salted caramel sauce.
Step 2: Next, select only the perfect pretzel twists and place them in a bowl. Next, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Step 3: Then take a pretzel, spread a layer of peanut butter on top and set back on the cookie sheet. Repeat until all pretzels have a layer of peanut butter.
Step 4: Next, add a scoop of caramel sauce to each bite
Step 5: Place the bites in the freezer for 15 min. While they are freezing make the chocolate coating. Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan on very low heat.
Step 6: Remove the bite from the freezer and dip each inside the melted chocolate. Make sure the bite is completely coated and them return to the sheet.
Step 7: Last, return the coated vegan peanut butter snickers bites to the freezer and allow to freeze for 30 min. Enjoy!
What is the best way to store homemade snickers?
The best way to store these quick, easy, and delicious bites is in the freezer! They make a cool and irresistible treat for these hot summer days! Simply seal them in an airtight container and place them in the freezer for up to 2 months!
We love seeing your creations! If you make this recipe make sure to share it on IG, use the hashtag #flaxandsugar, and leave a comment below! Thanks!Print
The most scrumptious mini vegan peanut butter snickers bites! A crunchy salty pretzel, layered with gooey date caramel sauce, peanut butter, and coated in rich dark chocolate!
- 3 Tbsp. vegan salted caramel sauce
- 24 pretzel twists
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter*
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- Follow instructions for the salted caramel sauce recipe and allow time to cool, or use premade vegan caramel.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly place pretzels down on the sheet.
- Spread a layer of peanut butter on to each pretzel and then a dollop of salted caramel sauce. Return the pretzels to the pan and place it in the freezer for 10 min.
- While they are chilling in the freezer
- In a small saucepan heat coconut oil on low heat.
- Add in dark chocolate chips and stir continuously until fully melted.
- Take the pretzels out of the freezer and dip each one into the chocolate. Coating all sides.
- Return the chocolate-coated snickers bites to the freezer for an additional 30 min or until chocolate has hardened.
* you can substitute peanut butter with any nut or seed butter you prefer.
- Serving Size: 3 snickers bites
- Calories: 100
Keywords: snickers, snacks, easy recipes, no bake, peanut butter, pretzels