If you’ve never had a galette before you are missing out! It’s like an easier version of a pie, except a whole lot easier. This vegan peach almond galette is bursting with fresh, juicy peaches, a toasted almond crust, and just a dash of cinnamon. The best part is, the more rustic it looks, the more charming it is. This makes it a perfect thing to bake if you’re new to baking!
I have to be honest with you, this was the first galette I’ve ever made, but it most certainly won’t be the last! I was amazed at how easy it came together and how delicious it tastes too! If you are new to baking, or vegan baking, this is the PERFECT thing to try.
Tips for making the perfect vegan peach almond galette
- Use cold butter: Like most pastry dough this recipe calls for cold butter. You can use a pastry cutter to chop the butter and incorporate it into the flour or two knives work just fine too! Truth be told, I don’t own a pastry cutter and always slice it up with two knives!
- Use ice water: I think you are catching the theme here! You want to keep the butter in the dough cold to create the perfect flakey crust.
- Chill the crust: While you are making the filling, place the crust in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- Thinly slice the fruit: This helps ensure that the fruit is fully cooked at the same time as the crust!
- Brush the crust with date caramel sauce: Yeah, you read that right! I always have a batch of my homemade vegan salted caramel sauce in the fridge because it’s literally good for anything. But, if you don’t have the time or ingredients to make a batch, you can brush the crust with coconut cream!
- Sprinkle the crust with almond slivers: Chop up some almonds and spread the on top of the caramel sauce for an extra crunch!
- A hint of almond extract: This is a game-changer. Just a splash of almond extract makes the dough taste like a buttery almond cookie.
- Top it with ice cream or coconut whip cream: Alright so this is optional but, highly recommend.
Can I make the galette ahead of time?
Once you mix up the dough it can be tightly covered and refrigerated for up to three days before rolling and baking. You could also bake the galette entirely before cooling and then freeze it. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and bake just until warm before serving.
Galettes are versatile and can be made savory too
Another key point to mention is the endless options for galettes. You can use whatever kind of fruit you have and even make it savory! Once you learn how to make the dough, the possibilities are virtually endless. As you can see from the pictures, I ran out of peaches. I reached into the bowl and two of my peaches went bad before I got around to making this so I had to improvise. So, I tossed in a pear! I will definitely be whipping up more galettes soon, so keep your eyes out! But until then, try this vegan peach almond galette out and make sure to leave a comment below when you do!
More easy baking recipes:
Just becoming a baker, or a seasoned pro these recipes are so delicious!Print
Vegan Peach Almond Galette
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Diet: Vegan
This peach almond galette is simple to make, full of fresh juicy fruit and garnished with toasted almonds. Top with a scoop of ice cream for the perfect summer treat!
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cold water
- 3 tbsp. yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 2 Tbsp. homemade salted caramel sauce or coconut cream
- 3 Tbps. chopped almonds
- 4 peaches
- 1 pear
- 1 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Combine flour, coconut sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cut in cold butter slices with a pastry cutter or two knives until the flour forms a wet sand texture.
- Add water, yogurt, and vanilla paste and gently stir together.
- Mold the dough into a ball place onto a piece of parchment paper. Put a piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and set inside of the fridge for 20 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, beginning slicing the fruit and bringing the filling together.
- Combine the sliced fruit with tapioca flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, vanilla bean paste, and lemon juice. Toss fresh fruit with sugar mixture and set the bowl aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Keep the dough sandwiched between two pieces of parchment paper and roll into a round, about 1/4 ” thick.
- Fill the center of the dough with the fruit filling mixture.
- Starting on one side, begin to fold the dough into the middle. Working your way around until all sides are folded toward the center.
- Brush the outside of the crust with salted caramel sauce or coconut cream and top with chopped almonds.
- Place the galette in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!
* if you don’t time to make the homemade vegan salted caramel sauce, coconut cream is thick and will work fine for the crust!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 225
Keywords: peach, almond, easy
Leave a Reply