There is no escaping the summer heat right now. We are currently melting in our tiny apartment and as a heatwave is anticipated to roll through NYC this week, there is one thing I know I’ll be doing. Eating ice cream and lots of it. I love this season because it’s totally acceptable to eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Basically my menu this week consists of this black sesame ice cream, vegan of course!
That being said I actually love summertime. The increase of sunshine, outdoor activities and BBQs, and all the ice cream. Wait I already said that. Ok, so clearly I have a love for ice cream but I can’t be the only one right? Especially, easy no-churn vegan ice cream like this black sesame one.
I’m seriously considering investing in an ice cream machine though! That way the flavor combinations, are truly endless!
How to make no-churn vegan ice cream
The trickiest part about making vegan ice cream is keeping it creamy! Smooth, creamy, and rich ice cream usually comes from cream and sugar but this ice cream is dairy-free. So, in order to keep it from freezing too hard, I learned a trick. Use just a tiny bit of vodka and the ice cream won’t completely freeze! Leaving you with a creamy, irresistible ice cream everyone will love!
Ingredients for black sesame ice cream
I wanted to keep this recipe as simple as possible, while still flavorful and delicious. The base of this ice cream is made from coconut heavy cream which acts as the whipping cream in this recipe. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- coconut heavy cream
- raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- coconut half and half
- black tahini
- vanilla bean paste
The flavors blend together for a heavenly, rich, melt in your mouth ice cream. Let’s be honest, being vegan there aren’t usually a lot of vegan ice cream flavors. There are usually one or two options at the shop, and unless you live near a fancy vegan ice cream shop they are so very basic So, skip the line at the ice cream shop and make this vegan black sesame ice cream instead!
More Summer Desserts:Print
This creamy, rich, and striking black sesame ice cream is full of flavor, easy to make, and the creamiest no-churn vegan ice cream on the planet!
- 1 can coconut heavy cream (full fat)
- 4 Tbsp. black tahini
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 tsp. vodka*
- 1/3 cup Foragers cashew coconut cream half and half
- Boil 2 cups of water and pour over a bowl of raw cashews. Allow to sit for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- In a food processor blend together coconut cream, black tahini, vanilla, sugar, cashews, coconut cream half and half. Blend on high until smooth and creamy!
- Add in vodka* optional but highly recommended.
- Pour ice cream mix into a parchment lined loaf pan or freezer safe pan and transfer to the freezer.
- Freeze for 8-24 hours untill fully frozen and enjoy!
* the vodka is optional. However, the small amount keeps the ice cream from freezing solid, for a creamier texture!
- Serving Size: 2 scoops
- Calories: 300
Keywords: no-churn ice cream, vegan ice cream, tahini, summer recipes