Hey friends, what we have here is the best dang vegan salted caramel sauce! Bold statement. But 100% accurate.
It’s gooey, rich and oh so sweet. Made from only 5 ingredients and perfect for dipping, drizzling, and dunking. Oh yeah!
Ingredients for vegan salted caramel sauce:
- coconut cream
- tahini (optional)
- tapioca flour (optional)
- Maldon sea salt flakes (optional)
How to make vegan caramel
Vegan salted caramel sauce is so easy to make! Don’t believe me? Here we go:
First, boil 1 cup water and soak the dates for 5-10 minutes or until super soft.
Next, blend dates, vanilla, tahini, salt, and coconut cream until dates are mostly blended. The base of this caramel sauce is thick, creamy coconut cream. I recommend using full-fat coconut cream for the best flavor and texture. If you want a sticky, thicker sauce add 1 tsp. of tapioca flour to your caramel sauce!
See, this whole thing only took max 15 minutes and now you’ve got the most delicious caramel sauce ready for your dipping dreams.
Can I make this without tahini?
Yes! Feel free to leave out the tahini if you would like. The caramel sauce is delicious nut/seed-free with just dates and coconut cream. But, let’s be honest tahini makes EVERYTHING better. Like in this Tahini Banana Bread, banana bread on its own is amazing and then you add tahini and it’s fantastic!
How long does vegan salted caramel sauce stay fresh?
My favorite thing is saving jars. Seriously, I have a problem. But, the good thing that comes from it is there is always the perfect sized jar for saving sauces and dips in! If you don’t have a jar obsession like me, just use an airtight container or a Mason jar to store the caramel sauce. Your dreamy caramel sauce will stay amazing for at least 2 weeks (hehe like it will last that long)!
Best ways to use vegan salted caramel sauce:
The better question is what can’t you use this on! All jokes aside this is such a perfect dip, sauce, and spread. You can slather it in the middle of cinnamon rolls, it’s the perfect apple dip, drizzle on top of ice cream, or make one of these delicious desserts.
Check out more caramel recipes:Print
Vegan salted caramel sauce made from sweet dates, creamy coconut milk, and big flakes of sea salt. Gooey, rich, and the perfect ice cream topping!
- 1 cup of dates, pitted and softened
- 1 14 oz can of coconut cream
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. tahini (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups hot water
- Maldon sea salt flake for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 tsp. tapioca flour (optional) see notes*
- Heat water to a boil and pour over a bowl of dates to soften them. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from the dates and combine coconut cream, dates, salt, tahini, and vanilla into a blender.
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer caramel sauce into a jar and let cool in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Dip, drizzle, and enjoy!
* for thicker caramel sauce add 1 tsp. tapioca flour before blending!
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.
- Calories: 60
- Sugar: 12
- Fat: 9
Keywords: date, caramel, coconut