This vegan gnocchi bake is the ultimate comfort dish. It’s baked in the oven in a rich tomato and basil gnocchi sauce and topped with vegan parmesan and feta cheese. If you have made my Vegan Tomato Gnocchi Soup, then you are already pretty familiar with the ingredients. Except for this time, they’re thrown together in a 30-minute dump and bake recipe with the most delicious vegan gnocchi sauce you’ve ever tasted! So, ditch whatever you had planned for dinner and make this easy dairy-free baked gnocchi!
This Italian-inspired dish has all of the classic flavors of baked pasta with the addition of pillowy soft potato gnocchi bites. Which, is a great alternative for a quick gluten-free pasta dinner.
Simplicity is the word for this baked pasta. We wanted to keep the ingredient list short so you can prepare this quickly for a healthy weeknight dinner the whole family will love. Here’s what you need:
- Gnocchi or Homemade Vegan Gnocchi
- Red Pasta Sauce- We Used Mutti Tomato Basil
- Dry Red Wine- Doesn’t need to be expensive and don’t worry the alcohol is cooked out so it’s safe for kids! You could omit this though!
- Pureland Farm Sausage Patties or Your Protein Choice
- Fresh Basil
- Crushed Red Peppers
- Nutritional Yeast- High in vitamin B12 and adds a cheesy flavor!
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese- We used Violife
- Vegan Feta Cheese- We used Violife
Thanks to all the amazing vegan cheeses out there, it’s easy to keep this recipe dairy-free! I am partial to Violife but, you can use a brand that is available near you!
How to make vegan gnocchi
Nothing screams romantic like making homemade pasta, and you don’t even need a partner to enjoy the therapeutic effects of preparing your own. Soft music and red wine will surely set the mood! I found the most delicious 3-ingredient vegan gnocchi recipe from Short Girl Tall Order and it’s become my go-to!
However, if you are trying to keep this a quick 30-minute meal, perhaps you just grab two packages of gluten-free gnocchi at the store. Either way, this baked tomato gnocchi is so flavorful you’re going to love it! Let’s talk about the amazing vegan gnocchi sauce!
Why you are going to love this vegan gnocchi bake
This flavorful vegan dinner dish is going to surely win the hearts of many. You know how pasta tastes better the next day because the sauce has had time to really soak into the pasta and the flavors are more intense? Well, this dish takes on those characteristics.
Here is what we love about this dairy-free baked gnocchi dish:
- Ready in 30-minutes
- Rich, flavorful, and hearty
- Can be made gluten-free
- Serves great hot or cold!
- Even better the next day
- Can be made dairy-free and can add protein if you would like
Vegan Gnocchi Sauce
This vegan gnocchi sauce is the star of the show! While I usually say that the brand isn’t super important when recreating a recipe from F&S, Mutti truly has an unmatched flavor! It’s simple and flavorful but truly outstanding thanks to Mutti. Mutti uses the highest quality ingredients and the sweet tomatoes are perfectly balanced in every jar of tomato sauce. I’m not even sponsored by them, I just love them so much!
We started by cooking Pureland Farm meatless sausage patties and crumbling them into pieces. Then, combine the tomato sauce with the vegetarian meat alternative or protein of choice. Next, add in a touch of garlic, more fresh basil, and some crushed red peppers to make this gnocchi sauce irresistible.
This vegan gnocchi sauce makes a great base for traditional pasta, gluten-free pasta, or even on pizza! We used Mutti tomato and basil sauce to enhance the basil flavor even more! We think you are going to love the simple, but delicious vegan gnocchi bake!
Easy 30-minute Meals:
If you recreate this Vegan Gnocchi Bake Recipe, please let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @flaxandsugar, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations! Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more deliciousness!Print
Flavorful 30-minute baked gnocchi in a rich tomato basil sauce. This easy-to-make vegan dinner is so good the whole family will love it! Makes a great dairy-free and gluten-free weeknight meal!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oi
- 1 package Pureland farm sausage patties
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 oz Mutti tomato basil marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 36 oz. cooked gnocchi
- 1/3 cup Violife vegan parmesan
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Violife vegan feta, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the olive oil in a pan and add protein or meat alternative. Cook thoroughly and then add in garlic. Sautee for 2 minutes, add in dry red wine, and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook gnocchi according to package directions, strain, and set aside until sauce is completed.
- Next, add marinara sauce to the red wine and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add pre-cooked gnocchi, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and vegan parmesan, and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the tomato gnocchi mixture to a 9×9 baking pan and top with vegan feta crumbles.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and allow to cool or 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and additional vegan cheese if desired, and serve.
You can omit the red wine if you like!
Is great with store-bought or homemade gnocchi!
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: gnocchi, casserole, 30minute, dinner, baked gnocchi, tomato gnocchi, vegan gnocchi