Get ready for a simple, delicious, Vegan Tomato Gnocchi Soup recipe that will BLOW. YOUR. MIND. It’s easy to make in one pot and ready in 30 minutes. Seriously, there are no words to describe how delicious this dairy-free soup is.
This vegan gnocchi soup is creamy, flavorful, and loaded with basil and lots of garlic because garlic makes everything better, right? It’s got all the comforting flavors you crave while remaining vegan!
The best part – other than the creaminess of this soup and the gooey gnocchi bites, is how simple it is to make. It only takes 30 minutes to make and is full of bold herbs and flavor.
This dish is full of rich tomato flavor, fresh basil, and of course lots of garlic.
You can find the full ingredent list and in the recipe card below but here is a quick recap of the ingredients found in this recipe.
- Diced Tomatoes- I used Mutti
- Nutritional Yeast- I used Braggs
- Vegetable Broth- I use Better Than Bouillion
- Oat Milk- I used Kirkland
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Dry White Wine
- Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil- I used Olive&Co.
- Vegan Parmesan – I used Violife Prosociano Wedge
- Salt and Pepper
How to make vegan gnocchi soup
It doesn’t get easier than this vegan tomato gnocchi soup! It’s made in one pot, in under 30 minutes, and tastes even better the next day!
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil
The first step in making a flavorful soup is to saute the onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until fragrant and translucent. Be patient here as this is where a TON of your flavor comes from.
Add white wine, broth & oat milk
Then, cook the onions in dry white wine for an additional 2 minutes before adding vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, and oat milk.
You can use any milk substitute you like but, oat and coconut milk are my favorites to achieve a creamy vegan soup. I am a massive fan of coconut milk in desserts like this Mexican Chili Chocolate Tart or this Vegan Wild Rice Soup, chose to use oat milk for this soup.
Bring to a boil
When all the liquid is added, bring the soup to a boil. It’s important to get the soup to a hot temperature so when the gnocchi is added it will cook thoughoughly.
Cook gnocchi and add fresh basil
Next, add in the gnocchi and reduce the heat to a medium-low simmer. Sprinkle in fresh basil and reserve a few spigs for garnish.
Dish and Garnish
Once the gnocchi is fully cooked and tender, scoop the gnocchi soup into a bowl and garnish it with fresh basil, vegan parmesan, and cracked black pepper. If you are looking for a good vegan parmesan, Violife Foods has you covered with their Prosociano Wedge.
Common Q & A and Subtitutions
What is the best gnocchi for this soup?
My favorite store-bought gnocchi is Napoleon. But, if you really want to take this soup to the next level, make homemade vegan gnocchi!
Can this soup be made with frozen gnocchi?
Trader joes has amazing frozen gnocchi and you can certainly use that in this recipe. Please note that it will take slightly longer to cook than the recipe card calls for below.
Can you make this soup gluten-free?
The soup itself is gluten free as long as you use gluten-free gnocchi!
Tips and Tricks
There are only a few more important things I want to say before you get started making this delicious gnocchi soup! For the best soup, I suggest following these tips and tricks:
- Use high-quality gnocchi – If you can go to a local deli and get fresh homemade gnocchi, do it! The better quality gnocchi the more delicious this soup will be.
- Use quality ingredients – I suggest using organic diced tomatoes that are low in sugar and salt. Mutti is one of my favorite brands and has a wonderful flavor for this vegan tomato gnocchi soup.
- Fresh basil over dried – While dried basil will work fresh is best! If you only have dried basil, please decrease the quantity to only 1 1/2 Tbsp.
- Vegan Parmesan – Violife has an amazing vegan parmesan option.
Looking for other comforting recipes look no further!
Vegan tomato gnocchi soup recipePrint
One-pot creamy vegan tomato gnocchi soup made in under 30 minutes! This easy, comforting, and flavorful dinner is easy to make and tastes even better the next day!
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cup oat milk
- 2 packages gnocchi
- 1/2 cup fresh basil packed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Violife prosociano wedge for garnishing
- Start by dicing the onion and garlic. Then place 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil into a medium pot. Add 1 cup of diced onions, 2 tablespoons of sundried tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Cook the onions and garlic until translucent and fragrant. Then add 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning, 1/4 cup of dry white wine, 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Simmer the wine and onions for 3-5 minutes.
- Then bring 3 cups of vegetable broth, 14 oz can diced tomatoes, and 1 1/4 cup of oat milk to a boil.
- Add the gnocchi, cover, and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the gnocchi is soft and tender.
- Add 1/2 cup of fresh chopped basil and 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast.
- Stir well and serve in bowls. Sprinkle vegan parmesan on top and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 290
Keywords: soup, Gnocchi, tomato, tomato soup, vegan parmasan, creamy soup,