This relaxing, creamy, and aromatic rose moon milk is perfect for winding down after a long day. Rose Milk Tea is a blend of dried rose petals and hibiscus leaves steeped together and mixed with creamy oat milk. This pink moon milk is sweetened with agave and has a touch of beet powder to enhance the pink color and nutritional benefits! This rose milk recipe is easy to make, calming, and perfect for self-care or for a special someone on Valentine’s day.
The only ingredient that is a bit unusual in this recipe is the dried rose petals. I found mine on amazon they can also be found in tea shops and ethnic supermarkets. I chose to use store-bought organic food-grade rosewater in this recipe because it requires less time than making it on your own. However, can make your own homemade rose water too! Rosewater is the extraction of the rose essence from the petals through distillation. To make this mood-boosting rose milk tea here’s what you’ll need!:
- Dried Rose Petals- Use organic food-grade rose petals to avoid pesticides and synthetic dyes and fragrances added to the roses.
- Rose Water- You can make your own homemade rose water or purchase organic food-grade rosewater for this recipe. It only takes a little bit though because rose water is very strong!
- Non-dairy Milk- I used extra creamy oat milk because it has a great flavor and texture for a tea latte. You can use any milk of your choice but I would suggest one that is full-fat.
- Hibiscus Tea- I used one tea bag of Simply Organic Hibiscus Tea. I found that this brand had a really great flavor and the tea came out a beautiful pink color too!
- Beet Powder– This adds a boost of pink color along with nutritional benefits! To learn more about the benefits of beet powder check out this amazing article by WebMD.
- Agave or Natural Sweetener- I used agave but feel free to sweeten with your favorite.
How to Make Rose Milk Tea
This moon milk recipe is so easy to make! For the full recipe and ingredients see the recipe below. First, gather the dried rose petals and place them into a tea ball. Boil the water and submerge the tea ball and one hibiscus tea bag in the water. Let the tea steep for 3-5 minutes.
While the tea is steeping, prepare the non-dairy milk by heating it on the stove top on medium heat. Next, whisk beet powder into the milk and add the rose water and agave. Stir well and then transfer the pink moon milk to the rose hibiscus tea. Stir them together and there garnish with additional rose petals if desired. There is your easy rose milk recipe!
Rose Tea Latte Benefits – Bedtime Tea
I love drinking tea at night time and golden milk has always been one of my favorites. I even made these Golden Milk Popsicles last summer to capture the flavor of the ayurvedic milk in an icy treat. I love it because the warm cozy cup of tea always helps with falling asleep. For this rose milk tea, I wanted to create a calming drink that soothes the mind and body. I wanted the floral notes of rose to be present and a subtle sweetness too. To achieve this I used rose water and milk with a rose hibiscus tea and I think you are going to love it!
If you struggle to get to sleep at night or find yourself laying in bed thinking of a million thoughts, this rose tea latte is for you! Both roses and beets help aid in better sleep. Some of the pink color in this rose hibiscus tea comes from beet powder. Beet powder acts as a vasodilator. This means it relaxes the muscles of your blood vessels. This in turn causes a widening of the blood vessels. Consequently, your blood flow increases and your blood pressure lowers. The improvement of blood flow is one reason that historically, beets have been used as an aphrodisiac. This makes rose moon milk perfect for you or your lover too!
Not to mention, roses are known as the flower of love! Roses have long been associated with love, pleasure, and have been used for healing and connection for centuries. Roses have many calming and healing benefits as well. Rose oil is even known to reduce anxiety and bring joy. So, by blending these plants together this rose milk tea is the perfect bedtime drink.
More Rose Desserts
Rose Milk RecipePrint
A soothing rose hibiscus tea swirled with creamy oat milk and rosewater. So, relax and enjoy this delicious rose milk latte!
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon rose petals dried
- 1 hibiscus tea bag
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon beet powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons rose water
- 2 teaspoon agave
- Bring 1/4 cup of water to a boil. Place 1 tablespoon of rose petals in a loose leaf tea holder and then steep 1 hibiscus teabag and rose petals in the hot water for 3-5 minutes.
- While the tea is steeping heat 1 cup of oat milk on the stove on medium heat. Whisk in 1/2 teaspoon of beet powder to the milk. Once heated add in 2 1/2 teaspoons of rose water, and 2 teaspoons of agave, and pour the milk into a mug.
- Add the rose hibiscus tea to the moon milk mixture and stir.
- Garnish with additional dried rose petals and enjoy!
I suggest using an creamy milk like extra creamy oat milk, soy, or creamy almond milk for the best texture and flavor.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 150
Keywords: rose milk, moon milk, pink milk, sleep, valentines day, love tea, rose tea latte