We call this a “set it and forget it” meal because this instant pot white chili is so easy! Which, if you ask me, are the best types of recipes! This Vegan White Chili is made with cannellini beans, green chilis, jackfruit, and topped with cilantro! It’s a vegetarian white chili recipe that’s perfect for a healthy dinner, Sunday feast, or busy weeknight meal.
So, if you are looking for a quick and healthy recipe that is full of flavor, protein, and ready in only 30 minutes, this one is for you.
This recipe is made with simple pantry staples and cooked in an instant pot for one of the most flavorful white bean chili recipes you’ll ever taste! Here’s what you will need for this chili:
- Jackfruit- Jackfruit is a southeastern fruit that is loaded with protein. It has a meaty texture with a neutral flavor, which makes it perfect for taking on the flavors of this chili! You can find jackfruit at Asian supermarkets, health food stores, and even at Trader Joe’s.
- Cannellini Beans
- Green Chilis
- Vegetable Broth- I used Better Than Boullion
- Smoked Paprika
- Vegan Sour Cream- I used Good Karma Brand
As you can see the ingredients for this vegan chili are simple, healthy, and create such a flavorful dish! This recipe calls for green chillis and jalapenos, which both give great heat to this dish! The level of spicy heat is easily adjusted by including the seeds from the jalapeños or you can omit them if you desire a milder chili.
What does jackfruit taste like?
It might seem strange to put fruit into chili but trust me when I say that jackfruit is amazing! It has a meaty texture that shreds easily when blended. Believe it or not, jackfruit mimics the texture of shredded chicken! Not to mention, jackfruit has a very mild flavor making it excellent in this chili! Jackfruit will absorb any flavor you cook it in so, the possibilities are endless! Just check out this BBQ Jackfruit Bowl to see another way it’s used!
How to make vegan white chili?
Like mentioned earlier, this recipe is so simple. All you need to do is shred the jackfruit and chop the vegetables. The easiest way to shred jackfruit is to add it into a kitchen aid with the whisk attachment and turn it on medium speed until the jackfruit pieces break apart and turn into a shredded chicken texture. Then, add all of the ingredients into an instant pot and set for 25 min. While the vegan white chili is cooking, you can make some homemade jalapeno cornbread to complete the meal!
Once the chili has cooked, top with vegan sour cream or cream cheese, sliced jalapenos, and fresh cilantro!
FAQ & Tips
Is white bean chili gluten free?
Yes! This high-protein vegetarian chili is naturally gluten-free. It’s hearty, grain-free, and full of fiber! It’s a healthy vegan dinner that’s ready in only 30 minutes.
What are the best beans for white chili?
Honestly, there are so many delicious beans out there and you can really add your favorites here, as long as they have been previously cooked. Otherwise, it’s going to take far too long and we want this recipe to be quick and easy! We choose to use cannellini beans in this recipe!
If you recreate this Vegan White Chili, please let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @flaxandsugar, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations! Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
More 30-minute Meals:
Pin this recipe for later!
Vegan White Chili RecipePrint
Vegan White Chili (Instant Pot)
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
30-minute hearty, healthy, and protein-packed vegan white chili recipe! This recipe is loaded with flavors from the green chilis and you won’t even miss the meat with the addition of jackfruit! This easy dinner idea is the perfect no-fuss instant pot recipe!
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/8th teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon back pepper
- 3 tablespoons canned green chilis
- 1 20oz can of jackfruit (in brine not syrup), shredded*
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 2 14 oz cans of cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 1/2 cup dairy-free sour cream or cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno, sliced for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
- 1 lime sliced, for garnish
- Sliced jalapenos for garnish
- First, dice the onion into small pieces and shred the jackfruit. The easiest way to shred the jackfruit is to use a hand mixer or a KitchenAid and blend the jackfruit until it has a shredded chicken texture.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, garlic, onions, cayenne, parsley, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, black pepper, to the instant pot on saute. Allow this to cook for a few minutes until onions begin to turn translucent and are aromatic.
- Then add in green chilis and shredded jackfruit.
- Allow for the ingredients to cook together for 5-10 minutes before adding in the chopped cilantro, vegetable broth, and beans.
- Seal the instant pot with the lid and cook on the soup setting or medium pressure for 25-30 minutes.
- Release the pressure, and allow the soup to cool for a few minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of vegan sour cream or cream cheese.
- Dish into individual bowls, top with additional vegan sour cream or cream cheese, sliced jalapenos, fresh cilantro if desired, and a lime wedge! Enjoy!
I purchase my jackfruit at Trader Joe’s. Just make sure that the jackfruit is in brine and not syrup other wise it will be sweet and drastically change the flavor of this dish.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 280
Keywords: Chili, white bean, vegetarian, instant pot, soup, vegan chili, bean soup, healthy dinner, 30 minute meal
Leave a Reply