30-minute hearty, healthy, and protein-packed vegan white chili recipe! This recipe is loaded with flavors from the green chilis and you won’t even miss the meat with the addition of jackfruit! This easy dinner idea is the perfect no-fuss instant pot recipe!
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/8th teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon back pepper
- 3 tablespoons canned green chilis
- 1 20oz can of jackfruit (in brine not syrup), shredded*
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 2 14 oz cans of cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 1/2 cup dairy-free sour cream or cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno, sliced for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
- 1 lime sliced, for garnish
- Sliced jalapenos for garnish
- First, dice the onion into small pieces and shred the jackfruit. The easiest way to shred the jackfruit is to use a hand mixer or a KitchenAid and blend the jackfruit until it has a shredded chicken texture.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, garlic, onions, cayenne, parsley, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, black pepper, to the instant pot on saute. Allow this to cook for a few minutes until onions begin to turn translucent and are aromatic.
- Then add in green chilis and shredded jackfruit.
- Allow for the ingredients to cook together for 5-10 minutes before adding in the chopped cilantro, vegetable broth, and beans.
- Seal the instant pot with the lid and cook on the soup setting or medium pressure for 25-30 minutes.
- Release the pressure, and allow the soup to cool for a few minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of vegan sour cream or cream cheese.
- Dish into individual bowls, top with additional vegan sour cream or cream cheese, sliced jalapenos, fresh cilantro if desired, and a lime wedge! Enjoy!
I purchase my jackfruit at Trader Joe’s. Just make sure that the jackfruit is in brine and not syrup other wise it will be sweet and drastically change the flavor of this dish.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 280
Keywords: Chili, white bean, vegetarian, instant pot, soup, vegan chili, bean soup, healthy dinner, 30 minute meal