This lemon poppyseed granola is simple and delightful! The best part is, in less than 30 minutes, it’s ready for munching! In fact, Granola goes great on top of coconut yogurt or served with your favorite milk. Just garnish a bowl with some fresh fruit and enjoy!
Lemon poppyseed granola is the perfect breakfast or snack. You can easily create nutritious granola the whole family will love by mixing in your favorite nuts and dried fruits. Not to mention, you’ll save hundreds because store-bought granola is extremely overpriced! You’ll never buy granola again once you learn how simple it is to make.
In order to keep it gluten-free, make sure to look for gluten-free oats. Oats are naturally gluten-free but, they have a high cross-contamination rate. I used coconut oil because it’s full of and healthy fat. Did you know there are many health benefits of poppyseeds too?
SOME HEALTH BENEFITS OF POPPY SEEDS:
- Poppy seeds are rich in oleic and linoleic acid, which are heart-healthy fats.
- 100 grams of poppy seeds provide 51% of the daily requirement of dietary fiber.
- They are an excellent source of B vitamins, which is especially important if you are vegan.
- They contain vitamin E and antioxidants, which help keep your skin glowing and radiant.
HEALTHY ADD IN TOPPINGS:
- flax seeds
- chia seeds
- dried pineapple
LEMON POPPYSEED GRANOLA IS THE BEST WAY TO START TO YOUR DAY!
The addition of lemon makes this granola special. Lemon’s are bright and cheerful; their color alone radiates happiness! I’m a big fan of lemon desserts. They are the perfect balance between tart and sweet. Lemon is a fun flavor to experiment with, if you love lemon treats as much as we do, make sure to try these lemon custard cookies too!
More granola recipes to try:
Well, don’t just take it from me, try it out for yourself! Leave a comment and let me know your favorite way to enjoy granola. Oh, and don’t forget to share your creation on social media!Print
Crunchy clusters of walnuts, dates, and poppyseed, drizzled with sweet maple lemon syrup, this Lemon Poppyseed Granola will brighten your morning!
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. poppyseeds
- 2 Tbsp. dates, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Melt coconut oil and add maple syrup, lemon, and vanilla.
- Chop dates and almonds.
- Coat oats, raisins, dates, and coconut flakes, with coconut oil maple mix.
- Spread oats on a baking sheet and sprinkle with poppy seeds and salt.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool, crumble, and enjoy!
Use old fashion gluten-free oats for the best texture!
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 8
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
Keywords: lemon, poppyseed, granola, breakfast