“Crunchy clusters of chocolatey peanut butter goodness, packed with energy and mood-boosting superfoods. This chocolate peanut butter granola is like your favorite candy bar except for its refined sugar-free and healthy! Serve it with your favorite milk, on top of yogurt, or just snack on a handful!”
Who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate? That nutty flavor mixed with rich dark cocoa, a perfect blend of salty and sweet. If you love Reese’s cups (guilty), you’re going to LOVE this granola! The most delicious part is this granola is made without refined sugar or the nasty chemicals you’ll find in store-bought cereal.
This chocolate peanut butter granola is extra nutritious because it’s loaded with superfoods! It has hemp seeds, pepitas, chia seeds, and goji berries mixed right in. These seeds add fiber and protein making it a wholesome snack or great breakfast. I added maca into the rich chocolatey sauce for an extra energy boost too. This granola is so delicious it’s hard to believe it’s healthy! The peanut butter helps bind the dry ingredients and make it even chunkier and crunchy. If peanut butter isn’t your thing, try substituting with tahini. Chocolate and tahini are also a match made in heaven. Don’t believe me? Try these Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies, and see why we love the combo!
Secrets for the Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
- Don’t stir the granola while it’s baking! I know the temptation is great, but if you want chunky clusters of granola goodness, break up the granola after it’s baked and cooled completely.
- Sprinkle with Maldon Sea Salt flakes for the perfect balance of salty and sweet.
- Bake a low temperature to soak in all the great flavor without over toasting the oats.
- Mix in your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruit to make it your very own!
After it’s cooled, the clusters are ready for munching. So, grab a bowl, pour yourself some cold oat milk, and enjoy! Oh, and no judgment if you slurp the cereal milk and lick your bowl clean, that chocolatey milk is the best part!Print
This Granola is packed with superfoods and tastes so good you’ll think it’s dessert. It’s healthy, full of protein and made with natural sugar. Whip up a batch and serve with your favorite milk, yogurt or just grab a handful for munching!
- 3 cups Oats ((I love Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats))
- 1 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup Chopped Almonds
- 1/4 cup Goji Berries
- 1/4 cup Pepitas
- 3 Tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Maldona Sea Salt Flakes
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 3 1/2 Tbsp Oat Milk
- 1/3 cup Agave (+ 2 tbsp)
- 3 Tbsp Dark Cacao Powder
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Maca Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 275°F
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients except the goji berries and sea salt flakes. Stir well.
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over low heat. Add oat milk and maca powder and stir well.
- Once the coconut oil is completely melted, remove from the stove and add agave, cacao powder, nut butter, and vanilla. You will have a thick chocolatey sauce!
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the dry ingredients and stir until fully coated.
- Toss in goji berries and stir lightly.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly on a baking sheet and press down. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Bake in the oven for 28 minutes. (Note: Oven’s can vary so check on the granola at the 21 minute mark)
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 25 minutes. This will make your granola even crunchier!
- Store in an airtight container/ jar for a perfect on the go snack or healthy breakfast!
FOR SALT: I love the big salt flakes, but if you don’t have them pink sea salt will work too!
TO REPLACE PEANUT BUTTER: Try tahini, it’s just as delicious!
GOJI BERRIES: They can be expensive and hard to find, feel free use dates or your favorite dried fruit instead!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 45
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
Keywords: chocolate, peanutbutter, granola, breakfast
Let us know if you try this! Tag us on Instagram or use #flaxandsugar so we can see your creations. We’ll feature our favorites! Drop us a comment below and tell us what you think!