Creamy, flavorful, and ready in under an hour, this roasted red pepper cauliflower soup is delicious!
Soup season is the best season if you ask me. I honestly could eat soup and peanut chickpea curry all year round. But, this easy soup recipe is something else! You are sure to love it during the cooler weather, plus it pairs excellently with a fresh baguette!
The best things in life are simple. Wholesome, simple ingredients is all you will need for this creamy vegan soup.
- Red Peppers
- Vegetable Broth
- Coconut Cream
- Smoked paprika
- Salt & Pepper
How to make a creamy dairy-free soup
To make this soup vegan, there is no cream of course. Instead, we’ve substituted it with coconut cream. I used trader joes coconut cream for this recipe, but any brand will work. Just make sure you are getting an unsweetened can of coconut cream and stir the coconut cream well before measuring it out for the recipe as separation is natural. Together, the coconut cream and the blended cauliflower add to the creaminess that’s incredible in this fall soup.
Is this soup gluten-free?
Vegan roasted red pepper and cauliflower soup is totally gluten-free! It’s a delicious and healthy soup, we think you will love it!
The first step is to slice and roast the red peppers in the oven. Once, they have been roasted and become soft they will be added to the soup.
While the red peppers are roasting, sauté the onions, garlic, and paprika in a large pot with some olive oil. Then add in vegetable broth, thyme, and the chopped cauliflower. Place a lid over the pot and bring the soup to a boil. After, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the red peppers have finished roasted.
Next, blend the cauliflower, broth, and red peppers together until creamy and smooth. Transfer back to the pot and add the coconut cream. Stir well and reduce heat to a minimum until ready to serve.
How to store soup leftovers
To store simply wait until the cauliflower red pepper soup cools and then pour the leftovers into freezer-safe containers. The soup will stay fresh for up to 8 months! When you’re ready, remove a container, and warm the soup before eating. Note, you may want to add one tablespoon of water when reheating the soup.
More savory recipes you’ll love:
If you recreate this Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Cauliflower Soup recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @flaxandsugar, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Roasted red pepper cauliflower soup recipePrint
The best roasted red pepper cauliflower soup! Ready in under an hour, vegan, and easy to make, this creamy soup is perfect for fall!
- 5 red peppers
- 1 cauliflower head
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Wash, slice, and remove the core from 5 red pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle the peppers with oil
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 35 min.
- While the peppers are roasting, begin making the cauliflower soup. In a large pot saute the onions in olive oil.
- As they start to become fragrant, add in the garlic, and thyme.
- Then pour in vegetable broth, cover the with a lid, and turn the heat to medium.
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into medium-sized florets.
- Then place the cauliflower pieces into the warm vegetable broth. Cook the cauliflower for about 15-20 min, until soft and tender.
- Remove the red peppers from the oven.
- Transfer the red peppers, broth, and cauliflower to a blender or use an immersion handheld blender to blend into a creamy soup
- Pour the blended soup back into the pot and add the coconut cream
- Stir well, and bring the soup back up to serving temperature
- Dish into serving bowls, garnish with more coconut cream, and green onions!
I’ve made this soup without coconut milk and it is delicious!
- Serving Size: 1 cup soup
- Calories: 192
Keywords: cauliflower, roasted red pepper, soup, dairy free soup, cauliflower soup, healthy
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust, and love!