As a child, Halloween is all about the candy and dressing up, then it’s playing tricks on people, and then it’s about drinking the best Halloween cocktails. So, whether or not your dressing up as a goblin, ghost, or lounging at home this year, this Casper Cocktail is the perfect adult beverage.
As I was searching for Halloween drinks this year I couldn’t find that many Halloween drinks with tequila! And I thought to myself, well I’ve got to fix this! Now, usually, when I think of tequila I think of margaritas. But, I wanted to switch it up and make a Halloween cocktail with tequila and this Casper cocktail is the final product!
Easy Halloween drink recipe
Let’s keep this spooky ghost cocktail simple, alright? With just a few ingredients your easy spooky cocktails are ready! Here’s what you need:
- Reposado Tequila- I used Patron
- Orgeat Cordial Syrup-otherwise is known as almond syrup. It’s a non-alcoholic almond-flavored syrup that adds a touch of sweetness to this Halloween drink.
- Lime Juice
- Aquafaba- the water from a can of chickpeas
- Nutmeg- just a pinch to garnish
- Cocktail Shaker- you’ll need to shake these ghostly cocktails so they are icy cold and frothy!
- Coupe Glasses- or any cocktail glasses you prefer!
Vegan egg white substitute for cocktails
A lot of classic cocktails use egg whites, which obviously if you are plant-based means we can’t enjoy them! Egg whites add a frothy layer, body, and a creaminess to cocktails. But, what do you do if you’re vegan? Well, meet my little friend called aquafaba. It’s the water from the can of chickpeas! So, next time you make _____________ make sure to save the water from the can and try these aquafaba cocktails.
Aquafaba cocktails are actually taking off! The last time I went to a craft cocktail bar they even had a vegan whikey sour on the menu. I was shocked and obviouly ordered one!
How to make ghost cocktail garnishes
To finish off these deliciously balanced and fun Halloween cocktails, you NEED to add the friendliest ghost, Casper. I mean Casper the ghost is the only ghost who is invited to my house because I’m petrified of anything remotely scary! Plus, adding these little ghosts really complete the drink.
All you need to make the ghosts is vegan white chocolate, coconut oil, and mini chocolate chips. My favorite white chocolate is Pascha because it’s creamy and melts to a smooth, silky white chocolate. Simply microwave the coconut oil and white chocolate until melted, stirring every 20 seconds. Then, on a piece of parchment paper take a spoon and drop a little bit of white chocolate. Drag your spoon downward and pull the white chocolate into a streak mark. Add two mini chocolate chips in as eyes while the chocolate is still warm and then allow for them to cool and harden.
How to serve Casper cocktails
You get to feel fancy with these vegan cocktails! Pull out your nice glasses and serve them up which means with out ice in a coupe glass. Garnish each with a pinch of nutmeg and a white chocolate Casper ghost. To get the ghost to stay on the side of the glass, gently press it down until the chocolate molds around and the ghost can stay on the side without falling.
Can I make this with a different liquor?
I haven’t tried this with any liquor besides tequila. However, if you are feeling adventurous or tequila cocktails just aren’t your thing, then please choose a light colored liquor like vodka. The whole point of a ghost cocktail is to have it be white!
More Cocktail Recipes:
If you recreate this Casper the Ghost Cocktail recipe, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @flaxandsugar, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Casper the ghost cocktail is a perfectly balanced Halloween cocktail made with tequila and garnished with a cute ghost! It’s the perfect spooky drink!
- 1 1/2 oz tequila reposado
- 1 1/2 oz orgeat
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. aquafaba
- pinch of nutmeg
Casper the Ghost Garnish
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Mini chocolate chips for eyes
- Make the white chocolate ghosts ahead of time so they are cooled and ready! Combine white chocolate chips with coconut oil and melt in the microwave. Stir the chocolate every 20 seconds to prevent overheating or burning.
- Then on a piece of parchment paper drop a spoonful of melted white chocolate on to the parchment paper and then drag the spoon downward to make a streak mark
- Place two mini chocolate chips into the white chocolate as the ghost eyes while the white chocolate is still warm.
- Repeat until you are out of chocolate. You will have extra ghosts which are just cute to decorate with or eat! Allow the ghosts to cool and become solid before mixing up the cocktails.
- The first step in the cocktails is to dry shake the aquafaba. To do this measure out the aquafaba into a cocktail shaker and shake the aquafaba alone for 20 seconds.
- Then fill the shaker with ice and add in tequila, lime juice, and orgeat.
- Shake vigorously for about 1 minute
- Strain and pour into a coupe glass and sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg
- Gently press a white chocolate ghost on the side of the glass until it can stand up by itself.
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 200
Keywords: cocktail, egg white cocktail, easy cocktail, drinks, tequila, white chocolate, Halloween