Looking for a vegan cinnamon roll recipe that is ready in under an hour? Well, you have come to the right place! These blueberry lavender rolls are soft and fluffy, perfectly sweet, and easy to make! No one will ever guess they are dairy-free! Your Sunday brunch just got a whole lot tastier with these blueberry rolls with lavender!
These giant soft blueberry cinnamon rolls are filled with a juicy wild blueberry compote that’s perfectly highlighted with Taylor & Colledge Lavender extract. This lavender extract is so delicious! It’s not too floral, which is great because honestly too much lavender can taste like soap to me! Not their extract! It’s honestly so good and if you need some you can find it here!
How to make blueberry lavender compote
These blueberry cinnamon rolls wouldn’t be nearly as delicious without the infusion of lavender. To make the blueberry compote start with washing your fresh wild blueberries.
Then add all of the compote ingredients to a small saucepan; berries, brown sugar, lemon zest, cornstarch, and lavender extract. Let this cook for 10 minutes until the blueberries begin to burst. Stirring often to incorporate the cornstarch. The sauce will begin to thicken as it continues to cook and more as it cools.
Then just set the blueberry mixture aside while creating your dough.
Vegan sweet roll dough
I’m about to teach you how to make a super easy vegan sweet roll dough that can be used for cinnamon rolls, berry-filled, chocolate-filled rolls, or whatever your little heart desires. It’s egg and dairy-free but so soft and fluffy no one will know.
The best part is they are ready in under about an hour!
Start by combining all the dry dough ingredients into a kitchen aid mixer and stirring. Once combined add in the warm milk and melted butter.
Next, using a dough hook, stir the dough it begins to peel off of the sides of the bowl and form a ball. Do not over stir!
Cover the dough and let it sit for 10 min. After the dough has risen you can use this for lots of recipes including regular vegan cinnamon rolls!
On a floured surface roll out the dough into a rectangle that is about 1/4″ thick in diameter.
How to make blueberry sweet rolls
Now that your dough is all set, all you have to do is fill the dough with the blueberry lavender compote. First, layer vegan butter and sprinkle the dough with brown sugar and cinnamon, like you would with traditional cinnamon rolls.
Next, evenly spread the blueberry lavender compote over the dough.
Starting on a long edge of the rectangle, begin tightly rolling the dough into a long tube. Once, rolled using a sharp knife cut the log into 8 slices.
Place the slices into a grease baking dish, cover, and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
When the dough has doubled in size your vegan blueberry cinnamon rolls are ready to be baked! Place them in the oven for 25-35 minutes until perfectly golden and fluffy!
To make the glaze simply combine oat milk, powdered sugar, vanilla bean paste, and additional lavender extract. Mix the ingredients to make a glaze and drizzle over the warm blueberry lavender rolls.
Any non-dairy milk will work in this recipe if you don’t have or prefer oat milk.
Coconut sugar can be substituted for refined brown sugar.
Don’t love blueberries or can’t find any? Try this recipe with raspberries, boysenberries, huckleberries, mulberries, or blackberries! Really any berry will do!
More vegan brunch favorites:
Love brunch as me? I have a whole section dedicated to brunch and think you will love them!Print
Soft and fluffy wild blueberry rolls infused with lavender! These easy-to-make cinnamon rolls are so good no one will ever guess they are vegan!
Lavender Blueberry Compote:
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. lavender extract
Sweet Roll Dough:
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. instant yeast
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 cup warm oat milk
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter – I used Betty Crocker avocado oil plant-based butter
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups vegan powdered sugar
- 2–5 tbsp. oat milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean extract
- 1/2 tsp. lavender extract
Lavender Blueberry Compote:
- Place all the ingredients into a medium-sized pot on low-medium heat. Stir until all ingredients are combined and let the mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes. Once the blueberries burst the mixture will thicken, stir well, and then remove from the heat source to cool.
- While the sauce is cooking, add the 3 cups of flour, yeast, cane sugar, and salt to the bowl of the mixture. Once combined, add in the melted butter and warm oat milk. The milk should be like warm bathtub water not scalding hot and whisk until smooth. Attach the dough hook attachment and turn the mixer on low speed. Slowly add the remaining flour until a dough starts to form and pull away from the edges. Don’t over mix! Cover the dough and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle a large piece of parchment paper with flour and roll out the dough into a large rectangle shape. For the filling, evenly spread the softened butter in a thin layer over the dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar and then top with the lavender blueberry compote. Tightly roll up the dough starting at the wider side. Using a sharp knife cut down the log into 8 slices. Place the dough pieces into a greased baking dish.
- Cover the rolls and let them rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. You can even place them inside an off oven with the oven light on. After this time the rolls should have doubled in size. Turn the oven on to 350 F and bake the rolls for 25-35 min in a ceramic dish.
- Once you remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven, whisk together the powdered sugar. vanilla bean extract, lavender extract, and oat milk until a smooth glaze forms. Pour the glaze over the warm rolls and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 Roll
- Calories: 360
Keywords: Cinnamon rolls, bluberry, lavender, breakfast, brunch, yeast, sweet rolls