Vegan salted caramel sauce made from sweet dates, creamy coconut milk, and big flakes of sea salt. Gooey, rich, and the perfect ice cream topping!
- 1 cup of dates, pitted and softened
- 1 14 oz can of coconut cream
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. tahini (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups hot water
- Maldon sea salt flake for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 tsp. tapioca flour (optional) see notes*
- Heat water to a boil and pour over a bowl of dates to soften them. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from the dates and combine coconut cream, dates, salt, tahini, and vanilla into a blender.
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer caramel sauce into a jar and let cool in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Dip, drizzle, and enjoy!
* for thicker caramel sauce add 1 tsp. tapioca flour before blending!
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.
- Calories: 60
- Sugar: 12
- Fat: 9
Keywords: date, caramel, coconut