It’s that time of the year again, BBQs and backyard get-togethers! I can smell that faint smell of the smoke in the air and taste the cold sweet watermelon now. I’ve always loved the Fourth of July. Well, to be honest, the fireworks are really what stole my heart. But, the hardest part about celebrating these days is attending a BBQ as a vegan! That is why my lovely friends and I created the must-have recipes for your next BBQ! There is a little bit of everything and we think even the meat-eaters will be eyeing your plate. Here are the best vegan recipes for the Fourth of July:
Vegan Vanilla Bean Cheesecake: by Flax & Sugar
Recipe for this cheesecake is at the bottom! But of course, I had to start the list off with dessert first!
Vegan Sauerkraut Chili Dogs: by Jengo Studio
Grilled Veggie Skewers with Chimichuri Sauce by: Minamalist Baker
Healthy Greek Pasta Salad by: Kathy’s Vegan Kitchen
Hope you loved this collection of the best vegan recipes for the fourth of July! Make sure to follow @jengo.daily and @peachhtreee on instagram for more vegan recipes!Print
Rich, creamy, and decadent vegan vanilla bean cheesecake made from cashews. This raw cheesecake is healthy and delicious! Just toss on some strawberries and blueberries for a festive fourth of July treat!
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup fine macaroon coconut
- 3 cups soaked cashews
- 3/4 maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup water
- Soak cashews in water overnight.
- The day of soak dates in boiling water for 15 min. While it is soaking, drain and rinse cashews.
- In a food processor, combine walnuts, dates, and shredded coconut. Pulse together until a sticky dough forms.
- Press the dough firmly down into a traditional tart dish to form the crust.
- Place the crust in the freezer while making the cheesecake filling.
- Combine soaked and drained cashews, vanilla bean paste, lemon juice, coconut oil, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt into the food processor, and blend on high until creamy and smooth ( about 10 minutes).
- Pour the cheesecake into the crust and spread evenly.
- Garnish with fresh fruit and return to the freezer for 2 hours or until firm.
- When read to enjoy remove from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Since this is a raw cheesecake it is best to store in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy! Remove and allow to thaw for 15-20 minutes before enjoying!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 250
Keywords: raw, cheesecake, vanilla, strawberry, cashew, no bake