This vegetarian BLT is easy to make, full of smokey flavor, and completely meat-free! A tofu BLT that’s a little fancy with basil aioli, pickled red onions, and sourdough bread!
- Two slices of sourdough bread
- 2 slices of vegan smoked provolone cheese – I used Violife cheese*optional
- 4 slices of vegan tofu bacon
- pickled red onions *optional
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beefsteak or Roma tomato, sliced
- 2 stalks iceberg lettuce, washed and patted dry
- First, make a batch of tofu bacon. The recipe is for one block of tofu so you will have leftovers!
- Next, make your basil aioli by blending vegan mayo, fresh basil, and garlic in a small blender. This recipe will make extra mayo because it’s really hard to mix up just a tablespoon! You can store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!
- Slice the sourdough bread and the tomato.
- Then wash the lettuce and pat dry.
- Take one slice of sourdough and slather it with vegan basil aioli. Then layer on the tofu bacon, pickled red onions, lettuce, tomato, and vegan cheese.
- Top with another slice of sourdough bread and enjoy!
The pickled red onions are totally optional! Feel free to leave them off or swap them out for avocado!
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 425
Keywords: tofu bacon, bacon, blt, vegan blt, sandwiches, lunch, basil aoili