A quick, easy pasta dinner made with vegan brown butter sauce, pumpkin, and sage! A delicious 30-minute meal the whole family will love!
Vegan Brown Butter:
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
Pumpkin Sage Pasta with Vegan Brown Butter Sauce:
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage chopped
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/8th tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh red chili pepper or cayenne
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 cup of coconut milk- full fat
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- pinch of turmeric
- 1 package of pasta – 14 oz
- pepitas for garnishing
Vegan Brown Butter:
- First, finely chop pecans. Then combine butter, pecans, and brown sugar in a pan.
- On medium heat continue to heat the butter until melted.
- Then the butter will start to bubble and crackle. Continue cooking the butter until it changes colors to a light brown and the loud bubbling has stopped.
Vegan Brown Butter Sauce:
- After the brown butter is made beginning making your sauce. In a separate pan, combine olive oil with garlic, sage, fresh red chili pepper, nutmeg, salt, thyme, and a pinch of turmeric.
- Stir continuously over medium heat until aromatic.
- Then add white wine, vegetable broth, and pumpkin.
- Stir well and allow to heat thoroughly while you prepare the pasta.
- To prepare your pasta, follow the instructions on the package. Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add 14 oz of pasta. Cook the pasta until it is soft and then strain from the water.
- Next, add coconut milk to the brown butter sauce and heat it until it’s warm.
- Pour the vegan brown butter sauce over the pasta, garnish with pepitas, fresh sage, and serve!
This vegan pasta dish can be made gluten-free by substituting your favorite gluten-free pasta.
You may omit the white wine and use more vegetable broth instead!
- Serving Size: 1 small bowl
- Calories: 350
Keywords: pumpkin pasta, brown butter, sage, brown butter sauce, white wine sauce, pumpkin sage pasta, dairy free