Gooey double chocolate vegan brookies are extra fudgy, easy to make, and drizzled with white chocolate for a spooky Halloween cookie!
- 1/2 cup organic white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 Tbsp. neutral oil (vegetable, refined coconut-melted)
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate bar
- 6 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
White Chocolate Drizzle:
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- 1 tsp. neutral oil melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a small dish microwave 2 tbsp. neutral oil with the chopped dark chocolate bar, stirring every 20 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl combine both sugars, vanilla, pumpkin puree, cool water, and stir.
- Add the melted chocolate to the sugar bowl and stir until incorporated. Scraping down the sides as needed.
- In a medium bowl combine, baking soda, flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cocoa powder. Use a fork or a whisk to blend the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until incorporated. The dough will be a bit runnier than normal cookie dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- Using a large cookie scoop section out the cookie dough on to the baking sheet and bake for 11-14 minutes. The cookies will look soft but will continue to cook while they cool.
- After they are finished baking remove the pan from the oven and gently drop the baking sheet on the counter. The cookies will deflate a little bit and will continue to deflate and make a super fudgy brookie as the cool.
- Leave them on the pan for an additional 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before decorating.
White Chocolate Mummy Face:
- Microwave the white chocolate with 1 tsp. of neutral oil, stirring every twenty seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Use a spoon and drizzle back and forth across the cookies making the mummy wraps.
- Add googly eyes while the white chocolate is still warm and then allow to cool.
- Enjoy your spooky vegan Halloween cookies!
Try just dipping half of the cookie in white chocolate too, for a much easier year-round treat!
- Serving Size: 1 large cookie
- Calories: 280
Keywords: halloween cookies, brownie cookie, double chocolate cookie, vegan brownies, brookies, white chocolate