Light, fluffy, and moist citrus doughnuts drizzled with a sweet maple bourbon glaze. These zesty orange bourbon glazed doughnuts are HIGHLY addicting!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest from 1 medium orange
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger grated
For bourbon glaze:
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon
- 1 cup natural powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a small doughnut pan.
- Start by combining the milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl to create the buttermilk. Set it aside and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and mix well.
- Add the vegan buttermilk from step 2, orange juice, maple syrup, vanilla, ginger, sugar, and olive oil to the flour mixture and stir.
- Scoop the batter into a pastry bag and fill each section of a small doughnut pan. Or use a spoon and carefully fill each doughnut mold.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to let cool completely.
- Make bourbon glaze by combining powdered sugar with bourbon and whisk.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled doughnuts and enjoy!
* Don’t over stir the batter! The doughnuts will stay light and fluffier if you stir only enough to combine ingredients.
- Calories: 275
Keywords: orange, doughnuts, bourbon, maple, breakfast, vegan