These are the best vegan espresso chocolate cookies ever! Soft and buttery, swirled with puddles of gooey dark chocolate, with a hint of espresso of course!
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 cups + 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds *
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. ground espresso
- flakey sea salt for topping**
- In a small bowl combine melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and ground espresso. Stir well and cover with a towel and allow it to steep for 10 minutes.
- In another small bowl combine 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed and 3 Tbsp. water. Stir and set aside for 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, both sugars, and vanilla.
- In another bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and whisk together.
- Add in the flax egg mixture to the butter and sugar.
- Pour the coconut oil coffee mixture into the wet ingredient bowl.
- Combine the flour mixture, with the wet ingredients, toss in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Scoop the dough out into balls on a lined cookie sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown but still soft in the center.
*The ground flaxseeds and water creates your flax “egg”. You may also you one egg replacer from Bob’s Red Mill.
** Maldon sea salt is perfect for those big sea salt flakes on top!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 20
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 34.6
- Protein: 3
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, espresso