This easy vegan vodka pasta sauce is made with only 10 ingredients in under 30 minutes. It’s creamy, cheesy, and delicious! This meatless meal is a great weeknight dinner!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs, dried
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 1/2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts *optional
- First, start by chopping the onion and mincing the garlic.
- Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium pot and add 3/4 cup of diced onions, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon Italian herbs (mixed Italian seasoning works great), and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Heat on low to medium heat until aromatic.
- Then add in 1/4 cup of vodka and continue to cook down for about 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of pasta sauce and allow for the vodka to simmer out of the sauce for about 10 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of coconut cream (scooping just the solid part of the coconut milk off the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk) to the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast and cover the pot. Let it continue to cook on the lowest heat setting while you prepare the pasta according to the pasta’s cooking instructions.
- Strain the pasta from the water and toss the pasta in the creamy tomato sauce until evenly coated.
- Stir in artichoke hearts and top with parmesan or fresh basil if desired.
The recipe can be made gluten-free by substituting gluten-free pasta noodles.
- Serving Size: 1 small bowl
- Calories: 300
Keywords: penne, pasta, vodka sauce, vegan pasta, creamy pasta, 30 minute meal, easy dinner, dinner