Sticky, sweet, and scrumptious cinnamon twisted bread. Fluffy bread swirled with cinnamon, drizzled with agave, and topped with crushed walnuts. This bread is perfect for dessert, with coffee or tea, or as a breakfast treat.
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 1 packet active dry yeast or 2 1/4 tsp.
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. vegan butter softened
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter melted
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup agave
- Warm the soy milk to 105 degrees Fahrenheit. Stir in the yeast and 1 Tbsp coconut sugar and let sit for 10 minutes until it turns foamy and activates.
- Combine the flour, salt, and remaining sugar into a bowl. Add the yeast mixture and butter and mix with your hands until combined. Continue kneading for 8-10 minutes until an elastic dough forms.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased large bowl, cover with a towel and let rise for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Then place on a lightly floured surface and knead a few times. Then cut into 6 even sections.
- Roll each section out into a 12 ” long roll so you have 6 even sections to braid with.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pinch the ends of all the sections together and begin to braid the bread following a simple over-under, over-under pattern. (as instructed above)
- Continue braiding the bread until the end and pinch the sections together again.
- Mix the cinnamon, butter, and agave together for the topping and coat the top of the bread with 1/2 of the mixture. Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.
- Toss the twist on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately drizzle the remaining agave mixture over the top.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
* If you don’t want to work with 6 pieces of dough you can section it out into 3 pieces and braid them. This will make the dough slightly thicker and you may need to increase the baking time to adjust.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 146
Keywords: cinnamon, twist, bread, holiday