Crispy, sweet cornbread wrapped around a veggie dog and baked to golden perfection! These are the Best Vegan Corn Dogs to fix all your fair food cravings!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 6 veggie dogs
- 5 Tbsp. softened vegan butter
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. non-dairy milk
- 2 Tbsp. aqua faba (water from can of chickpeas)*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine gluten-free flour, cornmeal, baking powder, garlic salt, and turmeric in a bowl and mix well.
- Add milk, softened butter, and maple syrup.
- Stir until a sticky dough forms and mold into a ball.
- Sandwich the corn dog dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out until the dough is 1/4″ thick.
- Slice the dough into 6 even rectangles.
- Wrap the dough around each veggie dog and pinch the ends shut. Roll the wrapped veggie dog a few times to seal and level out the dough.
- Transfer the corndogs to a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with the aquafaba “egg” wash.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the golden brown.
- Dunk in ketchup or mustard and enjoy!
* If you don’t have a can of chickpeas for the aqaufaba “egg” wash. You can brush the tops of each with melted butter.
- Serving Size: 1 corndog
- Calories: 425
- Protein: 18
Keywords: meat alternative, corn, hotdog