Easy and gluten-free, these vegan pumpkin sugar cookies are perfect for the holidays! Plus, they’re fun to make, and delicious too!
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies:
- 1 1/2 cup Bob’s gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegan butter softened at room temperature
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch (or arrowroot powder)
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (optional-for color)
For pumpkin cookie:
- In a large bowl combine coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla bean paste, and pumpkin puree.
- In a medium bowl combine: gluten-free flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, cloves, turmeric, baking soda, and corn starch. Whisk together.
- Add the flour mixture to the large bowl of wet ingredients. Stir until mixed.
- Shape the dough into a disc, cover with parchment paper or plastic wrap, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface, until it’s 1/2″ thick. Then slice the cookies into the desired shape using a cookie cutter. Remove the scraps and repeat until the dough is gone.
- Place the cutout sugar cookies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Mix together sifted powdered sugar and turmeric in a bowl.
- Add non-dairy milk to the desired consitency.
- Scoop the frosting by spoonful into a piping bag and frost cookies as desired or use a butter knife and frost the tops of the cookies.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 120
Keywords: sugar cookies, pumpkin, holiday cookies, cutout cookies, refined sugar free, gluten free cookies, healthy sugar cookies, pumpkin sugar cookies