Buttery golden scones studded with fresh juicy peaches and a hint of thyme, makes these vegan peach thyme scones a perfectly balanced summer treat!
- 1 1/2 cup peaches diced
- 1/2 cup cold-frozen vegan butter
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp vegan half & half or coconut cream full fat
- 1 tbsp. ice-cold water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8th tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 peach blended into a puree
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice peaches into small cubes and toss into a small bowl.
- After cutting the peaches, combine them with the fresh thyme and set aside. Allow them to sit together while forming the dough so the juice from the peaches soaks up the thyme flavor.
- Mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cube cold butter and cut it into the dough using a pastry cutter or two butter knives.
- Add in peach thyme mixture, add vanilla, and drizzle ice water and coconut cream in slowly until a firm but sticky dough forms.* See notes below
- Flour a surface and mold dough into an 8″ circle. Cut the circle into 8 slices.
- Brush the tops with butter and bake for 22-28 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool, drizzle with peach glaze, and enjoy!
- Blend 1/2 peach until juice purree is formed.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and stir well.
- Use to glaze the top of the cooled scones.
- Peach Glaze is optional!
- These scones in particular have more liquid because of the juicy peaches. So, add cold water, and cream slowly until you have a nice dough! Depending on the ripeness of the peach the amount of water and cream you will need may change slightly.
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 325
Keywords: peach, thyme, scones, vegan, vegan pastry, easy baking, summer recipes