Rich, gooey, and covered in chocolate these vegan millionaire bars are sensational! Finally, gluten-free and healthy dessert that’s worth talking about!
- 4 Tbsp. Almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
Tahini Caramel Layer:
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. Tahini or Almond butter *
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 4 Tbsp. Water
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Sprinkle with flakey sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- First, build your gluten-free shortbread cookie base. Bring water, and coconut sugar to a frothy boil. Continue to stir so the sugar doesn’t burn and reduce heat after 1 minute.
- Add in the salt and vanilla.
- Combine almond flour and melted coconut sugar mixture in a bowl and stir.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and transfer the dough to the pan. Press the dough down using your fingers until evenly coating the entire pan.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Next, make the tahini caramel layer. In a saucepan melt the coconut oil, add maple syrup, tahini, vanilla, and the water.
- Pour the caramel over the shortbread base and spread evenly.
- Allow to cool on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Pour chocolate chips and coconut oil into a saucepan and melt on very low heat.
- Cover the tahini caramel layer with the chocolate coating and sprinkle with flakey sea salt.
- Return the bars back to the freezer for 2 hours until firm.
- Remove bars from the freezer and pan and slice into 9 square bars.
* This recipe is made with tahini but you may substitute almond butter or any nut butter of your choice.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 191
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Protein: 3
Keywords: tahini, healthy vegan dessert, keto