9-ingredient easy vegan Irish soda bread. This recipe requires no rise time, no-kneading, and is ready to enjoy in under an hour! It pairs perfectly with soups and stews for a hearty, delicious meal!
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup. non-dairy milk- I suggest soy
- 3 cups + 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar + 2 tbsp. additional for sprinkling on top* optional
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp. caraway seeds
- 4 tbsp butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Make a batch of vegan buttermilk by combining 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk with 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar. Set bowl aside and for 10 minutes while you gather other ingredients. The milk with curdle and separate creating a “buttermilk”.
- In a large bowl mix 3 cups + 2 tbsp. flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tbsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1 cup raisins, and 1 tbsp. caraway seeds together.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture and 4 tbsp. melted butter into the dry ingredients and mix untill a sticky dough forms.
- With your hands, shape the dough into a round shape. Note that the dough is sticky and you can use more flour to keep it from sticking to your hands. The round dough shape doesn’t need to be prefect, it’s a rustic loaf!
- Place the dough in a well-greased casserole dish or on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Transfer the dough to the oven for approximately 45 minutes – 1 hour until the top is perfectly brown. Isert a toothpick into the center to check that it is cooked thouroughly.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 mintues before serving.
- Slice or rip, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 2" Slice
- Calories: 200
Keywords: Irish soda bread, no nead bread, no yeast, quick bread, raisin bread, scone, muffin, easy bread,