Fluffy vegan muffins studded with blackberries and topped with an oatmeal streusel topping.
- 1 cup oat milk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 cup. raw cane sugar or monk fruit sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons old fashion gluten-free oats
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Wash and slice the blackberries in half.
- Combine oat milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and set aside to curdle for about 5 minutes.
- While the milk sits, in a small bowl combine the ingredients for the oatmeal streusel topping. Add room temperature butter, oatmeal, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix to form crumbles.
- In a large bowl whisk together all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add avocado oil, sugar, and vanilla to the oat milk and stir. Then combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and fold them together. Do not over stir!
- Gently fold in the blackberries and evenly transfer the batter into the lined cupcake pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove them and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
I have tested this recipe with monk fruit sweetener instead of organic cane sugar and it worked well.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 11
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Protein: 4.2
Keywords: muffins, stresuel muffin, berry muffin, dairy free muffin, blackberry, summer dessert