Warm, nutty, and full of spices, this soup is comforting and easy to make. It’s ready to enjoy in under thirty minutes and a healthy soup the whole family will love!
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger or 1/2 Tbsp ginger powder
- 1 1/2 cans of chickpeas
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 can chickpeas, drained and towel dried
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop all the veggies.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic, and ginger into the instant pot and cover with 1/4 cup of water. Turn the instant pot on to saute and cook for about 5 minutes with the lid off.
- Toss the remaining ingredients into the instant pot except for 1/2 can chickpeas, almonds, sunflower seeds, soy sauce, peanut butter, lemon, and cilantro.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- While the soup cooks, prepare the toasted chickpeas and nuts:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dry off the chickpeas with a paper towel.
- Spread out 1/2 can of chickpeas, chopped almonds, and sunflower seeds, on the pan and drizzle with soy sauce and toss in olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and crunchy.
- Depressurize the pot and open the lid.
- Add the peanut butter and lemon.
- Serve into dishes and garnish with crispy chickpeas and cilantro.
* For a nut-free option- omit almonds.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 356
Keywords: instant pot, easy, peanut butter, sweet potatoe, chickpea, soup,