Extra thick tahini chocolate chip cookies stuffed with gooey puddles of chocolate, swirled with creamy tahini and sprinkled with big flakes of sea salt. Prepare to fall in cookie heaven.
- 6 Tbsp Aqua Faba (water from a can of chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar
- Maldon sea salt flakes for topping
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream together butter, sugars, vanilla, almond extract, and maple syrup.
- Whisk the aqua faba until it is slightly fluffy and add into the butter mix.
- Add in the tahini.
- Combine flour mixture with the tahini butter mix and fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop and weigh out each cookie to 100 grams and sprinkle with Maldon sea salt flakes.
- Bake the cookies for 15-22 minutes until edges and the top are golden brown.
* When scooping the dough out, shape the dough into cones instead of perfect circles. The center should be slightly higher for an extra thick fluffy middle!
*Maldon sea salt flakes are the best for the topping because they don’t dissolve. If you don’t have any, you can skip this step though.
* You can substitute the aqua faba for mashed banana.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 290
Keywords: Tahini, Chocolate Chip, Cookies, Vegan Desserts