This soy-free Asian-inspired stir fry will be your new favorite! Sticky Eggplant with roasted cashews served over rice is a quick, easy, gluten-free dinner option!
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame oil, seperated
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2/3 cup cashews, whole unroasted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper
- 2 cups green beans, frozen
- First, wash and slice the eggplant and bell peppers and set them aside.
- In a large wok or pan heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, green onions, and cashews over medium heat to pan fry. Once, aromatic add minced ginger and reduce the heat slightly.
- Then add in sliced bell peppers and minced garlic and cook those down for a minute or two.
- Next, add frozen green beans, 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, black pepper, brown sugar, sesame seeds, molasses, and sriracha sauce. Stir well and then add in chopped eggplant pieces. Stir to evenly coat the eggplant and then cover the pan with a lid to cook.
- Cook the eggplant for 15-20 minutes or until soft, but still in solid pieces.
- While the eggplant cooks prepare the rice according to the package if desired. I prefer to make rice in the Instantpot using a 1:2 ratio with water. Ex: 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water. Rinse the rice with water until the water is almost clear. Then add 2x the amount of water to rice and press the rice/grain setting on the Instantpot. Release the pressure when done, scoop, and enjoy!
- When the eggplant is done cooking, dish out a serving of rice and top with sticky eggplant stir fry. Garnish with more green onions and sesame seeds if desired and enjoy!
- Option to change out rice for quinoa or your preferred grain!
- Add a protein source if desired!
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup with out rice
- Calories: 250
Keywords: stir fry, eggplant, sesame seed, 30 minute meal, easy recipe, fried eggplant, rice bowl