These pumpkin kitchen sink cookies have both white and dark chocolate chips, pecans, and waffle cone pieces for a scrimptions vegan fall cookie!
Vegan Brown Butter:
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
Pumpkin Kitchen Sink Cookies:
- 1 1/2 cup. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic white sugar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate bar
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup small waffle cone pieces (about 1 cone)
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
- Finely chop 1/4 cup of pecans. Melt 1 stick (1/2 cup) + 2 Tbsp. butter in a saucepan on low to medium heat.
- Melt the butter and bring to a boil. It will crackle and pop while turning a darker color. After the big bubbles pop and it turns to smaller bubbles add-in 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans to the butter.
- Stir well and coat the pecans with the butter.
- Keep cooking until the butter turns a medium brown color and smells like caramel. Then remove from heat and set aside to cool while you combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Next, combine the 1/3 cup pumpkin, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla in a large bowl.
- On a piece of parchment paper, combine 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Stir together with a fork on the parchment paper- see the image above for reference.
- Next, add 1/2 cup of brown butter that was made with the chopped pecans to the pumpkin and sugar mixture, keeping the nuts in the butter.
- Stir the pumpkin, sugar, and butter mixture well.
- Take the dry ingredients on the parchment paper, fold the paper in half and pour it into the bowl – See the image above for reference.
- Stir all the ingredients together just enough to mix ingredients and then add in 1/2 cup of a chopped dark chocolate bar, 1/4 cup of white chocolate, and 1/4 cup of crushed waffle cone pieces.
- Using a large cookie scooper, portion out the cookies and place them on to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Then place the cookies into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees while the cookie dough is chilling.
- After 30 minutes remove the dough from the fridge and bake for 11-13 minutes
- The cookies will look soft but will continue to cook and firm up. If you desire a crunchier cookie increase the bake time to 13-14 minutes.
- Leave the cookies on the hot cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 200
Keywords: brown butter, cookies, pumpkin, pecan, white chocolate, kitchen sink cookies, vegan