Bright citrus salad with vegan feta and pistachios! This easy orange feta salad is a complete meal with the addition of wild rice and arugula. It’s finished with a dairy-free creamy poppyseed dressing that you are going to love!
- 1 cup of wild rice + 4 cups water*
- 2 Cara Cara oranges
- 3 blood oranges
- 1/4 cup thinly shaved red onion
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup vegan feta crumbles – We used Violife
- Drew’s Organics Poppyseed dressing to preference
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Prepare wild rice first if desired. Rinse the rice in a fine-mesh strainer under cold running water.
- Add rice and liquid to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to low and cover. Let simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the excess liquid. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool completely before assembling the salad.
- Slice both the Cara Cara and blood orange into circular slices and then cut the edges off into hexagon shapes to remove the rind.
- In a large bowl or serving platter place the arugula. Add a few scoops of cooked and cooled wild rice and then top the arugula with orange slices and shaved red onion.
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and vegan feta cheese crumbles and add fresh cracked pepper.
- Drizzle with poppyseed dressing when you are ready to enjoy!
The rice is completely optional and you can omit it altogether if you would prefer the recipe to be grain-free.
- Serving Size: 1/5 salad
- Calories: 180
Keywords: wild rice, blood orange, fruit salad, feta, pistachio,