Wholesome maple muffins bursting with nutrition and perfect for a breakfast on the go! This recipe makes 8 muffins, one for now…and one for breakfast the rest of the week.
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple pie spice*
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine oat flour, quinoa flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, apple pie spice, and coconut sugar. Whisk ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl combine orange juice, apple sauce, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Combine the orange juice mixture with the flour mixture and toss in pumpkin seeds.
- Line a cupcake pan or grease well and portion out the batter into 8 muffins.
- Top with addition pumpkin seeds and oatmeal if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
* You may substitute apple pie spice for ground cinnamon.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrates: 50
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 5
Keywords: maple, oatmeal, muffins, healthy, breakfast, gluten free, naturally sweetened, quinoa