These healthy vegan banana muffins are simple to make and scrumptious. They’re made with wholesome ingredients and perfectly sweet!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 4 Tbsp. warm water
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine ground flaxseeds and warm water. Set aside for a few minutes until it thickens and forms a flax “egg”
- Add bananas to the bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add in maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla. Then add your flax “egg” and mix well.
- Mix in oat flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Line a muffin pan or lightly grease a mini loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- Without opening the oven turn down the temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the muffins/ mini loaves from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Take them out of the pan and continue to cool on a wire rack.
For baking in both a mini loaf pan and a muffin pan bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes. Then turn down the oven to 350 degrees and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes.
For a standard loaf pan bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Then, without opening the oven, turn the oven to 350 degrees and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes.
You can substitute almond butter for peanut butter, tahini, or leave it out and replace it with vegan butter.
- Serving Size: 1 mini loaf
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 18
- Carbohydrates: 45
- Protein: 3.5
Keywords: banana bread, gluten free, refined sugar free, maple