Insanely moist, chewy, perfectly sweet (but not too sweet), and flipped upside-down to reveal a sticky maple walnut bottom. These muffins are packed full of flavor, pumpkin seeds, and spiced with cinnamon.
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/ 4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk
For the sticky walnut base:
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast wheat bran on the stove, until aromatic and toasted.
- In a large bowl combine oat flour, baking soda, wheat bran, tapioca flour, hemp seeds, cinnamon, and pumpkin seeds.
- In a medium bowl mix applesauce, coconut oil, and oat milk together.
- Combine both mixes and toss in walnuts and carrots.
- Stir in molasses.
- Grease the pan with coconut oil and coat the bottom of each muffin tin with maple syrup and crushed walnuts.
- Fill each muffin nearly to the top with the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and flip upside down so the walnuts are now on top.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!
* The batter will be thick so use a spoon to scoop it into the pan.
* Make sure to let them cool completely. As they cool they will become more sticky!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 200
Keywords: healthy, muffins, bran, walnut, carrot, naturally sweetened, breakfast