Ayurvedic Chai Porridge is full of warming spices like cinnamon, ginger, and fennel that help aid in digestion and is delicious!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or make quinoa*
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chai
- 5 dates finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground fennel
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- agave or maple
- Make quinoa or use leftovers.
- Toast coconut flakes (if desired) in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Heat coconut milk, chai, dates, and spices in a small pan.
- Add in quinoa.
- Portion into a bowl, top with coconut flakes and drizzle with agave or maple syrup and sliced banana.
* To make quinoa bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add 2 cups of quinoa. Cover and let cook for 15-20 minutes until water is gone. Fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Serving Size: 3
- Calories: 399
Keywords: healthy, breakfast, quinoa, tummeric, chai, dates